What can Hyaluronic Acid do for our body?
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) injectable treatments are more than just “filling lines & wrinkles”! Did you know that HA is a naturally occurring sugar molecule that is present in our skin, eyes, joints & connective tissue, and is widely beneficial to our health. Here’s what this wonder molecule can do for us:
1)binds up 1000 times its own weight in water so deeply hydrates the skin from within
2) stimulates collagen production to increase skin firmness & elasticity so maintaining structure, volume & texture
3) acts on local stem cells when injected, reactivating them to improve tissue function
4) reduces oxidative damage to the skin
4) controls inflammation & speeds up wound healing
5) has many uses in medicine including treatment for osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, cataracts & is used during surgery for preventing scar formation!
Here at Fresh Aesthetics in Portadown, my patients and I just love seeing the effect HA treatments like Profhilo, dermal fillers, lip fillers & Sunekos have on our skin. I also work with the medical grade skincare brand AlumierMD which have Hyaluronic Acid skincare formulations, so contact me for a consultation if you’d like to reap the benefits too!